XF 2.1 Monthly Statistics in 1.5 vs 2.1?

Ludachris

I'm looking at monthly stats - specifically, Users Active. Does the system count registered AND unregistered "users active" or just registered users? And does it count them the same in both versions of XF?

Worth mentioning that there is a distinction in numbers like this between 1.x and 2.x: for weekly and monthly stats, the value reported by 2.x is the daily average, where as 1.x just reports the sum. This is particularly notable for the users active count as it's not a stat that can be summed while still being meaningful. As an example, the same 1 user being active every day would be give a total of 30 (or 31) for a month's stats in 1.x which isn't correct; in 2.x, it would be 1.

Worth mentioning that there is a distinction in numbers like this between 1.x and 2.x: for weekly and monthly stats, the value reported by 2.x is the daily average, where as 1.x just reports the sum. This is particularly notable for the users active count as it's not a stat that can be summed while still being meaningful. As an example, the same 1 user being active every day would be give a total of 30 (or 31) for a month's stats in 1.x which isn't correct; in 2.x, it would be 1.
I was wondering why there was a decimal point in the number, I figured there was some averaging taking place. I thought maybe 1.x just rounded it. Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Top Bottom