1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Shadow, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Shadow

Shadow Member

anybody got any clue as to how mods will be made?

I am a developer myself, and I'd be very interested how the dev's are going to play this out out - one of the biggest problems (IMO), is that developing on software such as IPB, or VB is time consuming and difficult to get around.

I hope they implement some sort of API, which we can just plug and play with :)
  2. Steffi

Steffi Active Member

I think nobody - except Kier and Mike - will know this at this time, but I think it will be similar to the vB-Addonsystem... :eek:
  3. Shadow

Shadow Member

I just hope they have a good (enough), addon system, like 1 click install.

The biggest problem is when you have to manually edit templates, hack/mess around with raw php core files to get an addon to work. Mods are a big part of forum software, and I think (In My Opinion), it's an area to "aim" for, as surely they'd want to get as many people developing mods for the forum right?
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I don't know if it'll be a 1-click system, but I think they're using a plug-in system.
  5. Shadow

Shadow Member

If that's true then that's fantastic.
    Hopefully it's easy enough to use :)
  6. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

like the wordpress plugin system will be a dream :)
    Steffi likes this.
  7. Steffi

Steffi Active Member

I hope too, that it will be such a system like (upload the certain files) + implement a file in the admincp = ready to use. ;)

That would be fine. :D
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I heard it's gonna be pretty awesome.
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

If you want to scour the threads, Mike mentioned something about the plugin system being file-based and using callbacks.