1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modify "New Member" html tag

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I was reviewing my Google Webmaster page and they created a flag for "short meta descriptions". I have adjusted most of the ones they called out except I don't see how to adjust the ones for new members. I searched for a Phrase but did not find anything.

I would like to adjust the tag/phrase boxed in red below. Every time a new member joins that exact tag appears "<name> is a New Member at TeraPVP.com".

2. Tilkißey

Tilkißey Well-Known Member

member_view template
    <xen:container var="$head.description">
    <meta name="description" content="{$user.username} is a {xen:helper stripHtml, {xen:helper usertitle, $user}} at {$xenOptions.boardTitle}" /></xen:container>
  3. Ryan Kent

thank you Tikibey.

I understand how to alter Phrases. How does the xen:helper system work? Where can I go to view or modify the code related to stripHtml and usertitle?

EDIT: figured it out, thx
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

5. Ryan Kent

Thank you ragtek!

I am not familiar enough with coding to recognize that as an issue. I was hoping to change a phrase but instead I modified the code. It works but is not ideal.