1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modification Library...

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Jaxel, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Seriously... XenForo NEEDS a modification library like vBulletin.org...

Without it, the mod community will never be able to truly thrive. I would program it myself, but I'm much too busy with my other mods.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I would expect something like that to come out as soon as the first gold release. xenforo.org is already registered for that ;)
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

AFAIK all mods will stay here on xenforo.com
    Don't know what you're talking about:p
  4. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

I think the unseen circumstances may prevent the team in archiving things like that.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

What do you mean you don't know what I am talking about. You can't read? Obviously I am talking about a modifications website separate from XF.com
  6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Somebody from the team said allready , that xenforo will not have a seperate community for mods like vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org
  7. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

i see, got a link to that post?
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It has been confirmed that there are no plans to open another site for mods and add-ons.
  9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Another lawsuit might pop up if we start xenforo.org as the mod community :)

Anywho something does need to be done with the mod area, but I expect it at a later time. I'd prefer the focus on finishing the product to stable version THEN focus on the modifications in depth. :) Just me :)
    Peggy likes this.
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I expect a repository of some sort will appear in due course.
    That in itself is a fairly major undertaking though, so it's understandable that the focus is on the core product right now.