Modern UI for XF Forum Index, what do you think?

I find it kind of amusing in a way that everyone hates Windows 8 because of the metro UI, but everyone loves the metro UI :p

Dinh, I actually think this is awesome work, well done :)
I think it's due to the fact that many do not like the fact that the two ui were mixed. People are warry of change and having the two together might confuse and anger different types of folks.

Layout + iCons and some addons to make this happen.
Any chance of you going into more detail than that? This is exactly the type of interface I'm going for on my board. I actually put together a photoshop mockup last week and just started trying to research how to do it.

Is it basically a template redesign for the forum index, or is it a completely new page?

I hate metro ui lol @ metro being modern. If that's what you were trying to emulate, good job at copying it. I hate metro so much my next computer will be a mac. metro looks like some preschool blocks shyt. only time I'm trying to see all them rainbow colors is if I'm tryna eat some candy ya dig. Even if them blocks were something cool like yellow and black I'd still be turned off to it.

Any chance of you going into more detail than that? This is exactly the type of interface I'm going for on my board. I actually put together a photoshop mockup last week and just started trying to research how to do it.

Is it basically a template redesign for the forum index, or is it a completely new page?

Still forum index, help of Modern UI addon and some addons I specific designed for tinhte.vn

This is certainly incredible work you put in your site, but personally I dislike it. This looks more like a page of a CMS showing off than a forum.

I've just published a Metro UI Design for my forum index:
What do you think about it?
It is really cool.

What about having the tiles displayed in the forum home list ... show on the forum as well.
Something like this.

windows.metro.UI.in.forum.list.webp

It wouldnt have to be a "live" tile ... just an image.
Freshens up the forums IMO.
Plus it would further ingrain the tiles in the users so they get to know their fav ones :)

I find it kind of amusing in a way that everyone hates Windows 8 because of the metro UI, but everyone loves the metro UI :p
I think people dislike the Metro UI on desktop computers, but not when it is click to run / follow link. I hate Unity (Ubuntu DE) and GNOME Shell for the same reasons I hate Metro.

Anyway, back on topic, looks very good, nice job.

Top Bottom