******* - Modern Statistics [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just tried upgrading to 1.8, and after uploading the files, my entire site would only return blank pages, on the front end AND on the back end, locking me out of my site entirely. i was unable to upload the xml due to this.

I've replaced the 1.8 files with the ones from 1.7.3 and my website is back to normal now.

No offense, but due to this and the issues others have reported, this version obviously seems not ready for prime time.

i just tried upgrading to 1.8, and after uploading the files, my entire site would only return blank pages, on the front end AND on the back end, locking me out of my site entirely. i was unable to upload the xml due to this.

I've replaced the 1.8 files with the ones from 1.7.3 and my website is back to normal now.

No offense, but due to this and the issues others have reported, this version obviously seems not ready for prime time.
Ive got two licenses and have only updated the one less active site.. and yeah this version needs work. But im sure they will have it fixed up soon enough...

This happend to me also.

I had to disable the add-on listeners in config.php, update the XML and enable the listeners again.

Over all, I also cannot recommend the update currently. ******* also decided to move all the class listeners to a database table, resulting in one additional query for all page loads.

******* updated ******* - Modern Statistics with a new update entry:

30/05/2014: Version 1.8.1

- Fixed error when upgrade to 1.8.0.
- Fixed bug with location hash.
- Minor bugs fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

******* updated ******* - Modern Statistics with a new update entry:

30/05/2014: Version 1.8.1

Read the rest of this update entry...
Does this fix my bug where the items dont show up but the statistics headers do?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-modern-statistics-paid.56703/page-12#post-771535

Does this fix my bug where the items dont show up but the statistics headers do?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-modern-statistics-paid.56703/page-12#post-771535

Yes, please try to upgrade to latest version (1.8.1) to solve your issue.

this STILL doesn't work on XenPorta. i've put the code in the EWRporta_portal template as instructed, and posted twice here when it didn't work with no response. does this work with xenporta or not?

I cannot disable this product without having to uninstall it altogether. Disabling the product only seems to disable its ability to load content however the block and load icon are present and churn indefinitely.

I cannot disable this product without having to uninstall it altogether. Disabling the product only seems to disable its ability to load content however the block and load icon are present and churn indefinitely.

I can confirm this. Seems like version 1.8 is not very mature.

Frankly its BS that this product is riddled with bugs and in order to receive updates one has to re up at full price every six months..

Frankly its BS that this product is riddled with bugs and in order to receive updates one has to re up at full price every six months..

The last version of this product was very good, I liked it.

I did and still do not like that several data and information about our server (and since the last version also about all installed addons and settings) get silently transferred to a strangers database (*******). I do not know what happens with our data (and how protected it is) and why it gets transferred at all.

I think for for a license check a simple domain check would be sufficient.

The last version of this product was very good, I liked it.

I did and still do not like that several data and information about our server (and since the last version also about all installed addons and settings) get silently transferred to a strangers database (*******). I do not know what happens with our data (and how protected it is) and why it gets transferred at all.

I think for for a license check a simple domain check would be sufficient.
oh yeah and that to.. I agree the product is worth its price.. However its retarded that one year of support cost twice the price of the product itself and auto rebills twice a year. That is a greedy money grab and i'm certain this will catch several members here off guard when their paypal comes up light in a few months..

oh yeah and that to.. I agree the product is worth its price.. However its retarded that one year of support cost twice the price of the product itself and auto rebills twice a year. That is a greedy money grab and i'm certain this will catch several members here off guard when their paypal comes up light in a few months..

You can choose life time support for additional money if you like.

I do not see the pricing model as a problem at all. Each developer can choose his price as he likes and also if and how much the support for his work will cost. This model is not hidden at all. But the private data catch is still hidden.

You can choose life time support for additional money if you like.

I do not see the pricing model as a problem at all. Each developer can choose his price as he likes and also if and how much the support for his work will cost. This model is not hidden at all. But the private data catch is still hidden.

well i dont want it to sound like im beating the product up to bad.. I do like it and see great future potential and i will concur that the price schematic is not secret or hidden.. BUT.. charging the same price as the product twice a year and incorporating an AUTO rebill is IMO tacky and shady..

Last edited:
well i dont want it to sound like im beating the product up to bad.. I do like it and see great future potential and i will concur that the price schematic is not secret or hidden.. BUT.. charging the same price as the product twice a year and incorporating an AUTO rebill is IMO tacky and shady..

i agree. that's pretty shady. the way i see it is a basic "bait and switch" scheme. no where in the resource description does it say that the price listed is for 6 months only, that a paypal subscription is necessary, and that there are other price tiers for the same product.

also, i'm pretty miffed that the author hasn't seen fit to answer a REALLY easy question, why this isn't working on xenporta when he said it would? there have been two versions of this plugin released since i asked that question. that's pretty inexcusable and i'm on the verge of asking for a refund.

Still seems to be a problem with the custom preview Tooltip where it shows regardless of settings.
We will fix your issues on next upgrade version shortly. Thanks for your patience
this STILL doesn't work on XenPorta. i've put the code in the EWRporta_portal template as instructed, and posted twice here when it didn't work with no response. does this work with xenporta or not?
To display Statistics on Portal. You should to choose position option to Other (see screenshot) and include following code to EWRporta_Portal template
Code:
<xen:include template="BRMS_ModernStatistic" />
position.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom