Lack of interest Moderators should be able to remove/revoke likes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Vladislav Rastrusny

Hello.

Since "likes" are now some kind of karma and rating system in XF, I think, moderators should have an ability to remove all likes from certain post (if it is silly or something) or remove all likes of the specified user (if he, for example, tries to increase his karma using an additional login on forum).

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Seriously? You want a moderator to tell me what I can or can not like?
If you are abusing the system - sure. I also want a moderator to tell you what you can and what you cannot do on the forum where I am the admin. Also, what you can speak about and what you cannot when you are on my resource. For example, here on XF when the forum just appeared I created a post with a question about what XF will do, if IB brings a lawsuit against XF. The post got deleted almost instantly. Despite I was the prophet, I understand, that I violated some rule so I am not offended.

There's a big difference between telling someone that a topic is off-limits, and telling someone what they can like. It's not like anyone gets anything out of the Like system - it's just a nice ego boost, it's not a slot machine. If you hover over people telling them "no, you can't like this post because it's not approved," you're ... (ah never mind, do what you want. Why do I even care what nutty things people do on their boards?) :D

There's a big difference between telling someone that a topic is off-limits, and telling someone what they can like. It's not like anyone gets anything out of the Like system - it's just a nice ego boost, it's not a slot machine. If you hover over people telling them "no, you can't like this post because it's not approved," you're ... (ah never mind, do what you want. Why do I even care what nutty things people do on their boards?) :D
Because some people do put reward systems in place on their boards, and currently the like implementation would allow people to game the system.

I mean, its not like your moderators would have to use it, and the permission system would totally allow you to set it so that they -cannot- use it, so what difference does it make?

If you are going go display "The most clever guy of the month" title on the frontpage of your 100k+ members forum, you will ought to have something to revoke likes. I guarantee, there will be attempts to cheat. And in current situation you will be only edit database to remove cheated like entries.

Some can also try cheat here on XF.com to promote their suggestions because Kier once said, that he looks at the number of likes when deciding what should and what should not be included into XenForo. Not that it would be of a great help to the cheater, but anyway it's possible. Some dishonest addon authors can try to promote their addons this way when we will have a repository of them and can sort addons by the number of likes.

Top Bottom