1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderator queue email notification

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by KevinMK, Aug 7, 2015.

1. KevinMK

KevinMK Member

I'd love to have an email notification when something is put in the moderation queue. Does that exist already?
    Neil Talbott and Marcus like this.
  2. DroidOne

DroidOne Well-Known Member

Marcus likes this.
  3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I could do that, I would love to hear about your feedback on what you want. On larger boards you will get a lot in the moderator queue, you don't want to wake up and have a dozen emails in your inbox. So my idea is that you get a message about a new moderator queue item and you will not receive any additional email until you login to your community again.
    Xon likes this.
  4. KevinMK

KevinMK Member

Something like that would be good. The problem I have is that I get a handle on spam using various techniques, sometimes cut it off entirely, get lazy, don't check my boards for a few days/weeks and return to see it overrun with new spam.

What about if you have the option to have 1 new email a day?
  5. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I can send out an immediate email if there is one new entry in the moderation queue [Post, ProfilePost, ProfilePostComment, Thread] and the moderator log [everything as before + user approval]. After that email I guess its best to stop sending out more emails. The admin knows he should come back to decide about these things.
  6. KevinMK

KevinMK Member

I would much rather it be an option. It's easy to miss one email and then have your board overrun with spam because you don't check it for a few days.
  7. au lait

au lait Well-Known Member

Have you written a small addon. This addon will send an email on a report, on all the mods in the Forum.

The addon I have sent you my conversation.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  8. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member