1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Moderator Permissions - Let Us Define Defaults!

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by jmurrayhead, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Without seeing how XenForo handles this yet, I must ask to allow admins to set a default moderator permission set. One of the things I absolutely hated doing in vBulletin was adding new moderators to forums, because it was so repetitive. Please allow us to save default permissions so we can easily apply them to new moderators whenever we add them. It would still allow us to define custom permissions for each individual, but at the same time, pre-fill all our default selections. Just something to make life a bit easier :)
    lmq, MrDeranged, Walter and 2 others like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean something like moderator profiles or templates?
    I agree that's a useful feature and something which my current forum software does, albeit not very well.
  3. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess you could call it a template. My current software does not do it and it makes things a bit tedious.
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Agreed. This would be a very useful feature.
  5. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I agree too. Let the users decide! ;)
  6. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Yes, this would be a great feature to add to XenForo. I just setup a few moderators on my test board and it is a bit tedious to select the permissions on a per user basis. Applying a moderator template which can be altered on a per moderator basis would make things a lot easier.
    jmurrayhead likes this.