1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderator Bar Permissions Question

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Chris D, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is probably a really simple one, but I'm a bit stumped at the moment. Here we go.

On my forum I have a custom User Group for Article Writers. I want to add, to the Moderator Bar, some links that will help them with the things they have to do.

I've tried using a conditional to achieve this and that code works fine in other locations.

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 18}">Test</xen:if>
    But it does not work within the Moderator bar itself. And I assume this is because the Article Writers are not technically Moderators. Is there a(n easy) way that I can override the Moderator Bar requirements to allow for what I'm trying to do, without giving them more power than I want to?

It occurs to me that I could just slap the conditional and a separate div inside of the Header Template, but I wasn't sure if there was a better way.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Duh. Putting the conditional to allow this usergroup in the Header where it's set to allow for Mods and Admins.

Christ, it's too early for coding.

[EDIT] Yeah I know Brogan, that's what I wanted to circumvent. I've got it now, thanks!