Implemented Moderation ability in search results

TrixieTang

Currently there's no way to quickly perform moderation actions on posts/threads when searching.

This is something that I use a lot in vBulletin, for example if I ban a spammer I'll then search their posts, check them all, and delete them. I know the need for this is reduced with the spam cleaner, but there are still times when this would really come in handy.

Upvote 64
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would be nice if there were check boxes to select threads that appear in search results.

For eg. if I search for word "photos" and say 100 threads show up in the search results, and I want to move all these 100 threads to a new form called "Photos". Right now we have to go to each thread, select it for moderation, then go back to search results, open next thread and select it for moderation .. and so on.

Hope this will be implemented in next version.

I agree, some mass move feature either ACP or front end based on search results would be useful.

This comes in handy when you have a forum that you want to devide in two new forums and the old threads need to be sorted.

Would this be a special moderator search ? ie. a Mod Tool ?
yes i guess .. when u are looking at forumdisplay (list of threads in a forum) as a moderator, you wud see checkboxes next to each of the threads so you can select multiple threads and do moderation .. but in Xenforo, when you do a search, the threads show up without checkboxes :(

The moderators need to search for threads and find duplicates. It's currently a bit of a task to merge them when it's a clear-cut case of 'dupe!'

Screen%20shot%202011-02-01%20at%207.41.03%20AM.png

So I am suggesting in-line moderation for search result pages when the listing is threads.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, no time to search.

(offtopic)Hmm... if I click this image in the OP it seems the enlarged version is displayed upon the initially displayed version? It maybe intended behaviour actually?)(/offtopic)

The problem is that if the posts are spread over a board with thousands of threads, it's horrible to find them in the list. And you can't seem to load each link in a new tab & from thread tools > select for inline .. because each seems to be its own session. Refreshing the page or whatever shows only 1 selected .. despite both threads being individually selected in each tab. You have to do them both in one tab.

It's a frustrating experience - it takes many many steps and thread finding. At least in my experience.

So I hope it becomes an option eventually.

This makes sense. It's annoying on vB, etc. having to find and copy/paste the "other" thread when merging. Even if XenForo just suggested threads to merge it would be an improvement.

I wanted to ask if its possible to add a Thread (Inline) Moderation for searched Threads.
As you can see in the Picture i was searching for a Test User we are working with ( Test Posts with an Eggdrop). I wanted to delete them, but this is not possible because of the missing moderation option.
Unbenannt.webp

Also i recognized if i just search for test i will just get the test topic but not e.g., test123, test1234 etc.

It's strange that the moderation tools are in the "what's new" results, but not in the search results

(while $i=2 <1, $i++) like 1. post;

+1 Like
+1 Watch

Cool idea.
Does any other forum software have this ?

Other use: Tagging threads.
ie. you can search for Human and tag all the posts with Human that contain Human in the title.

Suddenly I got a handful of likes within the hour, for a post from February? Shenanigans :p

Top Bottom