Lack of interest Moderated item miniscule Style issue (new style property)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kim

Hello!

Code:
/* moderated item */

.discussionList .discussionListItem.moderated .listBlock
{
    @property "primaryContent.background";
    background-color: @contentBackground;
    @property "/primaryContent.background";
}

Perhaps moderated items could have a different selector or even perhaps a Color Palette item to make it stand out more, and to separate it completely from any other listBlock row?

:)

Edited to make this post make actual sense LOL.. apologies to Mike for the previous version!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unfortunately, it is colouring not just moderated content, but all content with the @contentBackground colour
Unless I'm misunderstanding the issue, that's totally expected.

Any time you see CSS inside the @property pairs, you're not actually editing the template or CSS. You're editing the corresponding style property. So in this case, editing the background here will edit the primaryContent property, which is used all over the place. This approach optimizes for the common case, though a new property could be created if it's worthwhile.

If you don't want this to happen, either take out the @property pairs and make the desired changes or make your changes inside the selector but outside of the @property pairs.

Hi Mike,

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.. I didn't mean I was editing that class.. I meant that class is showing regardless of if an item is moderated or not... as there is no inherent background colour for the node items unless specified... the @contentBackground colour shows regardless.

Example...

To more dramatically demonstrate, I will change the @contentBackground via the color Palette to Red, as you can see everything pretty much is now Red, not just the one moderated item, I was suggesting that moderated item should have it's own unique selector so this doesn't happen, I don't believe it should use a "normal" background colour like it currently does.

moderated.webp

Hi Mike,

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well.. I didn't mean I was editing that class.. I meant that class is showing regardless of if an item is moderated or not... as there is no inherent background colour for the node items unless specified... the @contentBackground colour shows regardless.

Example...

To more dramatically demonstrate, I will change the @contentBackground via the color Palette to Red, as you can see everything pretty much is now Red, not just the one moderated item, I was suggesting that moderated item should have it's own unique selector so this doesn't happen, I don't believe it should use a "normal" background colour like it currently does.

View attachment 15587

I support your opinion ;)

As far as I'm understanding, everything is working as expected based on what's there. We've (fairly intentionally) chosen to make moderated/deleted items "muted" but different by using the standard background color (rather than the secondary color, used by the avatar/reply columns).

I think what would solve your issue is a separate style property for moderated thread list items. I will move this to suggestions based on that.

Of course, you can always workaround it using extra.css to color that selector. (The CSS selector is fine.) For example:
Code:
.discussionList .discussionListItem.moderated .listBlock { background: @inlineMod !important; }

Thanks Mike :)

A separate style property would be just the ticket, as I think most people want moderated items to stand out a little more than they currently do.

Keep in mind that the choice to make them subdued is related to the fact that whenever there's a moderated item, there's a big red count on each page view. :)

Top Bottom