Lack of interest Moderate Usergroup Posts in Certain Nodes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I highly agree with this. Some discussions, in my opinion, are best done if they are approved prior to the rest of the community seeing it, such as controversial or touchy subjects that could create a great deal of problems if not kept moderated. I've seen this in the past from a few sites and agree with it fully!

I also strongly agree with this - its something we need - although I'd personally opt for managing it via specific users rather than have a moderated usergroup for every node, in our case that would add over 50 extra usergroups!

I also strongly agree with this - its something we need - although I'd personally opt for managing it via specific users rather than have a moderated usergroup for every node, in our case that would add over 50 extra usergroups!

This portion, I think is easily fixed if I'm understanding your issue. Our forum contains a section that not everyone can mind their manners in. In response to that, we created a single additional user group with all permissions set to "inherit". Go to the node that you want to eliminate specific persons from and click on the permissions for that group. Select "never" all the way down the line. As we come across individuals unable to maintain, we can go to their account in the CP and just click to add them to that group as a secondary. This effectively removes ALL permissions for the selected user in that specific forum. They can't even see it anymore.

Of course you can tailor that as you see fit.

Might help with your problem until what you're talking about is implemented.

Top Bottom