1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderate Usergroup Posts in Certain Nodes

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by taylor_smith, Oct 13, 2011.

1. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Greetings! I can't seem to figure out how to have all posts by a certain set to moderate within specific nodes. The "follow message moderation rules" option only seems available in global permissions--not in specific category/forum permissions.

What am I missing? In advance, thank you for your collective insight. :)
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can't set it in the node permissions. But you can enable moderation for an entire forum:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click a node] -> Moderate all messages posted in this forum

Moderators and groups with the Approve / unapprove threads / posts permission are exempt from moderation.
  3. taylor_smith

Unfortunately, I have two non-moderator usergroups that I would like to exempt, as well. Any way to do this?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Currently the only way to do that is to give those groups permission to approve moderated threads, which is the Approve / unapprove threads / posts permission.
  5. taylor_smith

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for letting me know. :)