1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod_security rules or alternates

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by planetmaster, Dec 1, 2012.

1. planetmaster

planetmaster Member

It been discussed a couple of times before but there's never been a definite solution.

I'm hosted on LiquidWeb and they use an over-aggressive rule set of mod_security.
    Unfortunately, and although I have while listed many triggered rules, XenForo still doesn't play well with it. So my question is simple, does anyone have a proper solution or a proper set of rules to be white listed in order for mod_security to work well with XenForo?

Or if you have disabled mod_security on your community via htaccess, what security alternate do you use?

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I totally removed mod_security a couple of weeks after I installed Xenforo, as it was triggering CSF and blocking members from the server.

3. planetmaster

planetmaster Member

Are you using any alternate to it? Cause mod_security does provide one hell of a security.

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Nope, not using anything in it's place.

5. planetmaster

planetmaster Member

Did you uninstalled it altogether or just disabled it for your community via htaccess?

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I totally removed it from my server.