Mobile vs computer visitor percentage

Nothing really just wondering why every forum is so involved with Emoji support.
Surely other things are more important.

. I think you can disable emoji support if you want.
You actually need to make a config file change in XF2 to support native emoji (as well as making sure your DB is in the right charset) so XF emoji support is really an 'opt in' thing for the Admin.
just wondering why every forum is so involved with Emoji support.
As @CarpCharacin said, mobile usage is growing leaps & bounds so being able to support those users is important (at least for some admins). Ignoring something like mobile support in favor of revamping something like uploads, which you admit there really isn't anything wrong with, would be a misguided usage of time & effort.

...As @CarpCharacin said, mobile usage is growing leaps & bounds so being able to support those users is important (at least for some admins). Ignoring something like mobile support in favor of revamping something like uploads, which you admit there really isn't anything wrong with, would be a misguided usage of time & effort.

Is there any data available of how much users actually use forums mobile? For me I don't enter forums when mobile. Its a pain even on a tablet. The plain Nature of touchscreen devices, no right hand button options i.e..

Mobile usage for forum competitors such as facebook are massive and increasing year over year too, which is a large part of the reason for they're massive growth in comparison to forums. A quick google for facebook mobile usage and revenue figures will give you lots of sources.

My very old forum had 73% mobile last month, 19% computer.
I use a computer 99% of the time, should be using what my users are using more to better understand, but would not get much done then.

Top Bottom