Not planned mobile uploads via smartphone

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What do you mean via quick link? I'm able to upload via my iPhone...

I want to send direct to preconfigured destination without having to login to website and all that stuff. similar to facebook quicklink mobile uploads

what are you doing when you upload to your website via your iPhone

How would you upload an image to a specific post without being logged in and in that thread?

that is probably not the approach for this...
I can share my smartphone gallery direct mobile uploads to facebook, google+, my kindle fire... there has to be a way to do it

maybe this needs to be a server app

I want to send direct to preconfigured destination without having to login to website and all that stuff.

One way to do this is to use the email function of your smart phone. A member could send an email with an image attached to a specific email address and the server runs a script, when that email is received at the server a new post is created with the image attached. This function would require custom coding.

that is probably not the approach for this...
I can share my smartphone gallery direct mobile uploads to facebook, google+, my kindle fire... there has to be a way to do it

maybe this needs to be a server app
Facebook and Google+ aren't forums though.
They are personal pages and there is only one destination for any images you upload to them.

A forum consists of categories, threads and posts.

Facebook and Google+ aren't forums though.
They are personal pages and there is only one destination for any images you upload to them.

A forum consists of categories, threads and posts.

that is why categories threads and posts is NOT the answer... go to a personal page for mobile uploads.

oh no, now we need PERSONAL PAGES!!!

tada!!!!

Such a suggestion would be better suited for a gallery or personal album add-on, not the core software. Attachments (image uploads) need to be associated with a post to exist within XenForo.

I marked it as implemented as it appeared as though you were suggesting a way to upload via Mobile which you can do. Your suggestion was too vague at that point to realise it meant anything else.

I have to say, I still don't fully understand what you want to do...

I think you mentioned in the thread at my site that you want to do it without being in the browser.

In that case, for you to be doing something similar with Facebook or Google+ then you must be using the Facebook or Google+ apps. These are native apps. There's nothing you can do on the server and nothing to "figure out".

A native app would need to be developed (at a considerable cost), deployed to an app store/market place and then downloaded to your phone. And in the context of a Gallery add-on or even core forum software, it's way beyond the usual scope of what a forum can afford.

Unless I'm still missing the suggestion.

I want to go to my smartphone gallery and be able to upload my images from there... we are starting to arrive on the same page now... using my smartphone I did log onto my site and add new media to my xenmediagallery.. was prompted to select from :
  1. camera
  2. camcorder
  3. sound recorder
  4. Choose music track
  5. Files
  6. Gallery
  7. Quickoffice
  8. Sound Recorder (again)

that is why categories threads and posts is NOT the answer... go to a personal page for mobile uploads.

oh no, now we need PERSONAL PAGES!!!

tada!!!!
Get a bridge to CPG done, then there is viGallery, which will allow you to upload images into Coppermine. Problem solved.

Top Bottom