Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Add-ons and Apps are two different pairs of socks. The author made clear that it is an assisted process on two platforms where a software has to be assessed. Alone the processing and administration is eligible to be charged. No one does this for free. I appreciate the new policies over the initial prerequisites and the price now is in my opinion very reasonable if not really good. While others here keep theorizing about an app, one has actually done it and that should be rewarded. If you don't like it, keep your money and make your own.

Those who are complaining about price should probably go through the process of getting stuff through the iOS store. It is awful, time-consuming and requires real human labor to get done (google's store is less of a pain, but still a process.)

Forum runner used to do this sort of service before their acquisition by vbulletin, and IIRC we were paying..... $600 annually just to not have to deal with that headache.

Reactions: rdn
is it possible to have settings for each type ? the only reason im holding back is because my forum has very active community that like so much posts..and i had to disable pushbullet because members got annoyed from the likes alerts

AFAIK each member is able to deactivate any alert type in his alert preferences in XenForo. If the app is fully integrated, it should follow this setting.

https://xenforo.com/community/account/alert-preferences

vbresults - i noticed in your pictures you had two different styles going (different icons, etc) - is there a setting where you can declare which installed theme you want used by the app?

so glad to see this growing now. Its come along way in under a week. Thankfully the developer listened to the audience, and the prices has dropped significantly. I'm watching the progress ofthis and will probably in the not too far future.

Great work

Glad to hear the news.

1. The xF alert system under the hood can use some cleaning up. It's not standardized enough to allow hooking into add-on alerts. As of now, it supports 57 alert types which are XenForo core and XenGallery.

So does that mean that Alerts from third party add-ons are not supported (for push notification) right now? Or does push notification just take every alert no matter what?

This manual-addition problem is one that can only be resolved by the XenForo team standardizing the alert system

I know that @Chris D 's XenPushover Add-on has somehow managed to include any of the add-ons. At least all add-ons that send alerts are also sending push notifications.

I hope the following screenshot helps a little bit to get an impression.

It is a Third Party add-on "Showcase" and you can freely select and opt for any alert the add-on produces as well as the priority and the sound file (which is cool of course).

Note that it seems that it does not use the "phrases" correctly, just the code string names if I'm correct. (This could also be something to be corrected by Chris.)

View media item 1074

Then thumbs up for @Chris D, with XenPushover I have squaremiles to scroll in options. Look at the screenshot…

View media item 1077
@vbresults: Just my inexperienced way to say that it seems that only the variable names are shown without the real phrases. (for third party add-ons only!)

BUT: The push notifications received have the complete alert text like "user yxz liked your album"

Maybe we should drink some tea and wait for @Chris D to actually chime in.

@vbresults I guess the removal of the header is optional? I made three different layouts (fully responsive) for desktop, pads and phones with three optimized headers. Since it is a webview wrapper I also assume the app will be responsive on pad and phone?

Despite how it may look, this is not an extra style, and it doesn't affect the display on desktops. Tablets have a viewport large enough that it will look just like the desktop version, so that too is unaffected. Native apps don't usually have a big logo at the top and that's why it's gone in the version-in-progress. Heading out now, I'll be back on Tuesday to handle the queue.

vbresults -- i didn't understand the answer you gave before about the style; what style does it use? the default style? or one that you code specifically for the app? Can we alter the style as we would for the regular web versions of our sites? or is it set in stone?

Instead of showing the native browser error if internet connection has problem, Can you please use a more friendly notice?

i think i found a small bug...i was using your app (as a guest) and i got the top banner that says this site has an app with the install button..but i already was using the app
Yeah I already reported this issue to the author.
Hopefully will be fix soon.

Top Bottom