XF 2.1 Missing field "position" Breadcrumb markup

@Nirjonadda I just checked your site and the code looks correct to me on that URL.. Both name and position are defined for all breadcrumb links, identical to the code in the default xenforo theme.

Can you request Google to revalidate that page to see if they still report it as an error? I'm wondering if it could be a false positive..

Just a reminder, everyone can check their own URLs using Google's own testing tool:

Please check URLs through that link first before reporting any issues. If it passes in the proper structured data testing tool then you can ignore what Google is reporting in the search console as it is incorrect or somehow outdated.

I've spoken to Themehouse who have implemented the fix you suggested @Chris D, however, Google is still reporting the same issue and Themehosue have told me to come back to yourself.

bJy2VGu.png

Any idea how we can resolve this at all?

Well, as the error indicates, the name of the first breadcrumb item is empty. Not sure if this is part of your style or a phrase you have translated but some text needs to be within the element that represents the name, even if you only want to display an icon there.

Well, as the error indicates, the name of the first breadcrumb item is empty. Not sure if this is part of your style or a phrase you have translated but some text needs to be within the element that represents the name, even if you only want to display an icon there.
Hi Chris

Without wanting to sound dim.. How Do I go about this then as themehouse tried but it doesn't seem to have made a difference?

Is there any code you could give me to go back to them and I could get them to try and implement?

Quick follow up: I submitted a request to Google to validate the fix, though I did nothing, and now Google says all the breadcrumbs issues were successfully fixed. So it was a mistake from them for sure.

For some, certainly, yes. For others it appears to be detecting style specific issues.

Just for the avoidance of doubt for other reading this, if it flags up any more URLs, check them here first before reporting:

Quick follow up: I submitted a request to Google to validate the fix, though I did nothing, and now Google says all the breadcrumbs issues were successfully fixed. So it was a mistake from them for sure.

I have tested this as well and gotten the same result. I've had other people have reports about touchable targets being too close, as well as content being wider than the page, and with no fix applied Google also validates them as resolved after running it a second time 🤷‍♂️

Am having the same issue on a freshly installed XF2 and using the default theme. I have not installed any TH addon or style. Did anybody get a fix.

What should we type on the breadcrumb position?

Top Bottom