1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed missing favicon creates errors?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Nicky Vermeersch, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Nicky Vermeersch

Nicky Vermeersch Active Member

After a brand new installation of Xenforo 1.2, I noticed you get server errors when there is a missing favicon?

Code:
    Server Error Log
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Application::mapMerge() must be an array, boolean given, called in /usr/share/nginx/html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php on line 309 and defined - library/XenForo/Application.php:1081
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /usr/share/nginx/html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1081): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 2 pass...', '/usr/share/ngin...', 1081, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/nginx/html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(309): XenForo_Application::mapMerge(Array, false)
    #2 /usr/share/nginx/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(551): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->preRenderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error))
    #3 /usr/share/nginx/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
    #4 /usr/share/nginx/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #5 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(31) "http://78.47.78.158/favicon.ico"
      ["_GET"] => array(2) {
        ["/favicon_ico"] => string(0) ""
        ["args"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This might have been generated during the install? Otherwise, it seems to indicate that there's no style proper style cache and any page would generate it. Rebuilding the master data would fix it.

I suppose that we could suppress error logging during the install.

I should note that the default .htaccess doesn't rewrite the favicon URL (you can see http://xenforo.com/community/favicon.ico), so I think this might only be something that happens where the .htaccess doesn't work (needs RewriteBase, nginx, IIS, etc).

3. Nicky Vermeersch

Nicky Vermeersch Active Member

Yeah, I only had two of these errors logged, and they happened at the time of the installation.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've suppressed error logging before the install completes.