Missing categories!!!

Rho Delta

There has been widespread reports on one of my forums about categories not linking to anything. I have had the forum up for over a year with no issues and have made no changes to these categories. My host can't find anything wrong on their end... help!

(link removed due to forum spam)
Categories not working: Schools, Non Specific (seems to be working again), alumni

(links removed due to forum spam)

You can still access threads by using the search function. Very strange. I need to get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Since I can't seem to figure this out and it is limited to a couple nodes but the threads work inside the nodes if you search for them... would it be possible to create a new node and transfer all threads from the broke node into the new node, then delete the broke node?

Internal server error. This is a server issue. Probably a conflicting module like mod_security. The only way to know for sure is to pull the logs from the server to find a more specific error message. Otherwise try disabling mod_security (ask your host or server person).

I agree - check for mod_security!

My webmaster said he doesn't want to disable mod security because its too risky...

Then, with respect to your web[no]master, you need a new one ;)
It's a very simple job to check the mod_security logs and see if it is the source of your page blocks, and if so tweak the relevant mod_security rules that is impacting.
Webmasters should never use tools they do not know how to manage or configure appropriately

Top Bottom