Fixed Misleading upgrade message

Gamorreaner

Affected version
At the first step of the upgrade from xf1 you are asked to migrate the config.php. If you do that follwing message shows:
The configuration information has been migrated successfully and has been written out to /is/htdocs/path/xenforo2/src/config.php automatically.

The same message, telling you it worked, shows whether it worked or not. It should either check if it failed and display another message or show a more broad text to begin with "If this step repeats, it did not work". Theres a part especially for this in the manual, but it says: "if it did not work". I know that it did not work, even though it tells me it did work, but I'm sure some people will have problems finding out a problem where it tells you it worked, but actually didn't.

It only shows that message if the config file has actually been written. If the config file hasn't been written, it asks you to download it and upload it to the correct location manually.

Under what circumstances did it fail? Did you have to resolve file system permission issues to get it to right it out automatically? Or did you end up creating the config file manually?

It did not write the config file. It only wrote in the browser that it did it and by pressing continue (next, or whatever, don't remember) I got back to the first step of migrating the config (endless cycle) instead of continuing the upgrade.

I got it to work automatically by giving the src folder 777 permissions (had 750 by default after uploading it).

Top Bottom