MG 2.2 Mirrored media > moving threads

Nicolas FR

Hello,

If a thread in a forum whose images are not mirrored has an image and that thread is moved to a mirrored forum the image shouldn't be automatically mirrored?
It seems that is not ALWAYS the case...

Is there cases where mirroring is not done ?
Thanks

Solution
Ok, I have to stand corrected. We do have code to handle syncing the mirror state when a thread is moved. Though for it to be random, that would be peculiar.
Though you can run the “Sync attachment media mirroring“ rebuild if needed.
Yes indeed, but since there are a certain number of mirrored images that I do not want to appear in the gallery, they have to be manually deleted each time and it is a bit tedious. Is there a chance that the images will be mirrored when moving the discussion in a future update?

@Chris D it's weird because sometimes images are mirrored after a thread move, sometimes not.
I had the case where even adding an image in a post of the moved thread did not cause it to be added in the mirrored media category. On the other hand, adding a photo in a new message in this discussion will trigger the mirroring.

I can't find at the moment what makes the difference, is it random or is it a setting somewhere? yet all forums and media categories have the same settings.

An idea ?

Ok, I have to stand corrected. We do have code to handle syncing the mirror state when a thread is moved. Though for it to be random, that would be peculiar.

Solution
Thanks, this seems to me more in accordance with what I have been able to observe.

I have a really bad connection here so maybe this may be affecting the sync. When I say bad connection it really is, sometimes I get 12KB/s in DL, I must be crazy to manage a forum with such a connection ...

@Chris D
FYI - When moving a thread from a topic with no mirroring to a topic with mirroring - a thread with a reasonably large number of posts (7000+ posts) is causing a buckets of server errors and fails to move. Most of the errors are timeouts on imagemagik.

I solved the problem by temporarily turning off mirroring in the destination topic.

Perhaps in a future release the MG syncing feature could be a check-box option for moving threads??

Top Bottom