Duplicate Minor housecleaning: "Likes" in rebuild caches

Wildcat Media

Affected version
2.1.0 beta 4
This one confused me. The drop-down for Content type: was empty, until I realized we aren't using likes anymore. (Sorry, no caffeine yet today.)

Seems the "Rebuild likes counted status" just needs to removed from this page? (Hence, "housecleaning.")

If you had Add-ons installed that provided their own content-types that support likes the dropdown would not be empty ;)

Though, if possible, it might be a good idee to hide that cleanup if there are no like handlers.

I am not sure how that all works, but, with XF themselves having moved to reactions, I would think any add-ons would tap into that, rather than having their own separate system of likes. But I've been done with developing/coding for several years now (and very gladly, I might add), so I'm rusty on all of it...

There is a compatibility layer between the XF like and reaction systems. This means that when you update to XF 2.1 if you had a load of add-ons on XF 2.0 which supported likes, they will continue to transparently work, as likes, until the developer updates that add-on to work with XF 2.1 reactions (which is optional, though recommended, because it's probably safe to assume the system is deprecated at this point).

This is a duplicate though, see here for more details, momentarily:

It's only just been marked as fixed to be fair ;)

It was something we were originally not going to change but it has been brought up a few times now so seems worth it to solve some confusion.

(We just hide that block now if there are no like handlers available).

Top Bottom