Fixed Minor cosmetic issue with Quote and navbar

Valhalla

Affected version
I was browsing on mobile (iOS Safari) when I noticed this.

If a collapsed quote appears with the “Click to expand” text just below the navbar, the behaviour in the screenshot occurs. Something to do with the stack order.

I haven’t tried this on desktop.

I don't see the drop shadow on the sticky header, which means we haven't actually detected the header as sticky yet and we do some z-index changes in this case (primarily to ensure that things go under the header when it's sticky).

Unfortunately, iOS has broken the checks related to sticky detection while scrolling so the detection is a bit delayed, but once you stop scrolling, it should sort itself out.

We can make changes here, but this is the first time I've seen this being reported and it makes me wonder if there was actually a JS issue on page load. Can you reproduce this with any consistency?

I don't see the drop shadow on the sticky header, which means we haven't actually detected the header as sticky yet and we do some z-index changes in this case (primarily to ensure that things go under the header when it's sticky).

Yeah, the navbar drop shadow seems to disappear while in this state, then reappear when you scroll up or down.

Assuming you scroll "normally", you will likely never see this behavior, but it can be reproduced consistently if thing line up appropriately (unlikely in normal browsing, but possible as I originally encountered this chance).

iOS 12.1, Safari

I actually stumbled upon an issue with Edge that I think might actually be the same thing iOS is doing here. Would you mind checking please?

There is still a z-index adjustment that can be made that should definitively stop it, but the header not consistently detecting its stickiness can cause some other issues too.

I actually stumbled upon an issue with Edge that I think might actually be the same thing iOS is doing here. Would you mind checking please?

There is still a z-index adjustment that can be made that should definitively stop it, but the header not consistently detecting its stickiness can cause some other issues too.

If I get you right you want me to test and see if the issue exists in Microsoft Edge which unfortunately available for Windows10 only and am using Windows8.1. Hopefully someone can do the testing and see if exist.

No we’re asking if you can still reproduce the issue here with iOS. Mike noticed a similar issue on Edge and has fixed that, so we just want confirmation that it has fixed it in iOS too.

Sorry, I meant that I found an issue in Edge which I think is the same issue experienced in iOS and thus I wanted to know if you could still reproduce this here in iOS.

We have done some testing and have been unable to, though I'll leave this open for a backport to 2.0 and potentially a generic z-index tweak (as iOS does have some issues surrounding the ability to determine stickiness while scrolling).

Top Bottom