• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Minimum Number Of Posts To Create Threads In Certain Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

I saw this being asked about here.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/minimum-posts-before-thread-creation.6709/

Anyway, with this mod you will be able to make it so users with a certain post count can start threads in certain forum/s of your choise.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_PostThreads.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Number Of Posts To Create Threads. There you can enable and disable the mod, set the post count and choose the ids of the forums that you want to enforce this limit. You can also set the error messag that will appear to the members with less posts set by you if they will attempt to create threads in the restricted forums.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• - Admin CP 2- XenForo_1287433049159.webp
    - Admin CP 2- XenForo_1287433049159.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Admin CP 1- XenForo_1287433032427.webp
    Admin CP 1- XenForo_1287433032427.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 104
  • PostThreads.zip
    PostThreads.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 118
  • XenForo - Error - XenForo_1287433107939.webp
    XenForo - Error - XenForo_1287433107939.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 106
First tests indicate alls good, the only thing I would like to see added if possible is that certain usergoups can ignore the requirements. Is that something you could add?

First tests indicate alls good, the only thing I would like to see added if possible is that certain usergoups can ignore the requirements. Is that something you could add?

Yes, that would be easy. But seeing that there are only 4 groups in xenforo and the admin groups is already exluded, add this to exlude the moderator group as well.

Code:
!$visitor['is_moderator']

Yes, that would be easy. But seeing that there are only 4 groups in xenforo and the admin groups is already exluded, add this to exlude the moderator group as well.

Code:
!$visitor['is_moderator']
I'd like to exclude a custom usergroup. Ie I want to allow members who have a paid subscription to be excluded from being affected by the mod

Where do I find the forum ID's at? I have tried so hard but it is not working :(

Attachments

• 123.webp
    123.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 60
Click on the forum in the node list, the ID will be displayed in the URL in the address bar.

Or hover over the forum name and the URL will appear in the bottom left of the browser window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom