1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Minimum Number Of Posts To Create Threads In Certain Forums

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by borbole, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I saw this being asked about here.

Anyway, with this mod you will be able to make it so users with a certain post count can start threads in certain forum/s of your choise.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_PostThreads.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Number Of Posts To Create Threads. There you can enable and disable the mod, set the post count and choose the ids of the forums that you want to enforce this limit. You can also set the error messag that will appear to the members with less posts set by you if they will attempt to create threads in the restricted forums.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attached Files:

vigorousmedia, RED, SnG and 7 others like this.
  2. Alex

Alex Active Member

Excellent, will be using this :)
    borbole likes this.
  3. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

Wow, that was very quick! Thanks :)

If no forum IDs are specified, is it applied globally, or not at all?
    borbole likes this.
  4. borbole

Thank you for your feedback :)

You are welcome. Glad to have been of help :)

If no forum ids are not specified it will not work. You must enter the id of the forums where you wantt o enforce this restriction.
  5. Alex

Alex Active Member

I'll install it on my test forum tomorrow and give it a thorough work over :)
    borbole likes this.
  6. Alex

Alex Active Member

First tests indicate alls good, the only thing I would like to see added if possible is that certain usergoups can ignore the requirements. Is that something you could add?
    Darfuria likes this.
  7. borbole

Yes, that would be easy. But seeing that there are only 4 groups in xenforo and the admin groups is already exluded, add this to exlude the moderator group as well.

8. Alex

Alex Active Member

I'd like to exclude a custom usergroup. Ie I want to allow members who have a paid subscription to be excluded from being affected by the mod
  9. Perspektif

Perspektif Active Member

very nice
    borbole likes this.
  10. borbole

Until I find some free time to add that in the mod, add the condition manually for your custom group.

!$visitor['user_group_id'] == x
    Where x equals your custom group id.

Darfuria likes this.
  11. Alex

Alex Active Member

Where do I need to put the code?
  12. borbole

After where it exludes the admin group.
  13. Alex

Alex Active Member

Cool, will have a look see
  14. sylwester

sylwester Member

the 1.0.1 give me error
    those 2 folders i uploaded in to root
  15. borbole

If you need support with my mods, then please post at their threads at my forum. Thank you :)
  16. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Using XF 1.0.1 I also received an error that affected every forum :confused:
    Uninstalled for now
  17. borbole

That is because this mod is not compatible with the current version.
  18. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

In that case is it worth updating the first post so people know what version it is compatible with ?
  19. number17

number17 New Member

Where do I find the forum ID's at? I have tried so hard but it is not working :(

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      File size:
      78.9 KB
  20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on the forum in the node list, the ID will be displayed in the URL in the address bar.

Or hover over the forum name and the URL will appear in the bottom left of the browser window.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.