Resource icon

Mini Avatar with Tag 1.0.2

No permission to download

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
Jeremy submitted a new resource:

Mini Avatar with Tag - Look into my eyes when you speak to me...

For those sites where it is easier to associate an image to a user than a name, the mini avatar next to a tag brings avatars to users wherever the name is mentioned (in posts / conversations).

Features
  • Display avatars next to tags
  • Styling is controlled via style properties
  • 0 queries
Future Features
  • Gravatar Integration
  • Gender defined default avatars
Examples
View attachment 87574 View attachment 87575

It is...

Read more about this resource...

I just installed this however the @ still shows when tagging someone, so it shoes the avatar then @ and then user title. (avatar)@(username.
Anyway i can remove the @?

You can turn the option off (search userTagKeepAt in the ACP), but any pre-existing messages will need to have it edited out. There is no easy method to accomplish this besides direct DB query, but you shouldn't do that unless you are comfortable.

You can turn the option off (search userTagKeepAt in the ACP), but any pre-existing messages will need to have it edited out. There is no easy method to accomplish this besides direct DB query, but you shouldn't do that unless you are comfortable.
Works like a charm!

Upload the contents of the upload/ directory in the zip to the corresponding folders on your server and then install the XML at the root directory of the zip via the ACP.

Upload the contents of the upload/ directory in the zip to the corresponding folders on your server and then install the XML at the root directory of the zip via the ACP.
I did but I'm having this error when I install the XML file :
Callback KingK_TagMiniAvatar_CodeEvent_Listener::bbcode is invalid (Invalid Class)

Jeremy - in your screenshot example the avatars have borders and are shaped differently. Is the avatar appearance just a function of the style you're using?

Jeremy - in your screenshot example the avatars have borders and are shaped differently. Is the avatar appearance just a function of the style you're using?

You can change the look in the style property under message elements.

Haven't played with it much but look at the regular avatar property in the General style properties. Most likely something like padding of 1px and a 1px border.

Great idea, thanks Jeremy.
I think it would be great to have the option for the avatar appearing immediately after the username instead of immediately prior.

@Jeremy can you upload another version of this add-on? I'm having trouble unzipping it on a Windows machine (at least with Winzip) and I think it's due to the colon in the filename of a directory.

*EDIT* Just so you know, there appears to be a few .DS_Store files and a _MACOSX in there too in case you wanted to remove these from the add-on.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Awesome addon ! Really thanks for this :)

This line that appeas on hover the avatar is a bug or its commom from the addon ? (Or a issue with UI.X ) ?

There are two lines: one when I hover the avatar and other when I hove the name. Each one appear on where the mouse is pointing. The line above avatar is kinda strange, no ?

Attachments

• Issue.webp
    Issue.webp
    1.1 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom