Resource icon

Mini Avatar with Tag 1.0.2

No permission to download
Edit: It is marked as unmaintained, per the housekeeping guidelines.

Maybe it is excluded from the housekeeping.

Last edited:
How is it "full of bugs"?

It works as advertised up to 1.5.15.

"Compatible XF 1.x versions1.2, 1.3, 1.4"

If it worked with anything over 1.4 that is a bonus, no one should expect it to work with any later version than described.

Not at all. No bugs. No drama. It doesn't even squeak. It just works exactly as described. :)

There appears to be a conflict with the BBCode Manager add-on which could probably be fixed but I wasn't using that anyway.

Not at all. No bugs. No drama. It doesn't even squeak. It just works exactly as described. :)

There appears to be a conflict with the BBCode Manager add-on which could probably be fixed but I wasn't using that anyway.

Aye, I went through this thread and found no bugs reported by @ŽivaAkcija nor any drama posted either. <shrugs>

One issue: If a members has no avatar, it displays a mini-blank (default) avatar.

Can anyone suggests a workaround so no avatar is displayed if the member hasn't uploaded one?

Do you know if there is something similar available?
For XF2, not that I have seen yet, perhaps a developer will replicate this at some point.
This add-on's functionality is being implemented in an upcoming XF1 => XF2 migration of one of my paid add-ons.

It requires a bit of a rebuild of how it works since to build a user avatar requires more information. This has some knock-on affects that I need to track which users have been mentioned in a post, which means I can offer alerting people who have mentioned references edited in.

This add-on's functionality is being implemented in an upcoming XF1 => XF2 migration of one of my paid add-ons.

It requires a bit of a rebuild of how it works since to build a user avatar requires more information. This has some knock-on affects that I need to track which users have been mentioned in a post, which means I can offer alerting people who have mentioned references edited in.

Any eta on when this will be available?

It seems that you don't look at your error logs. Its good to keep an eye on the error log and keep it clean.

The problem is two fold:
  1. This addon will fill up your error log as it keeps looking for non-existent avatars. i.e. dead links and possibly bad for SEO.
  2. For users without avatar, a blank block is displayed. (as you noticed later)
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/mini-avatar-with-tag.85978/post-1106531

Is this still on the way?

Top Bottom