minerskinz closed

That's a real shame.

Ironically, it says "Best Support" in the logo..

I guess all his resources here should be deleted by the team, as he didn't do it himselve. Or at least there should be a notice.

Would recommend

napy8gen - sultantheme.com
http://xenforo.com/community/members/napy8gen.1092/

Qwk86gn - pixelExit.com
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/authors/qwk86gn.789/

As current affordable replacement, who seem to be quick to respond.

Sultantheme.com handled most of our vBulletin 3 design and has ported over some designs to XenForo (very affordable)

pixelExit.com has developed out default style for the better part of Socially Uncensored's history.

That's a real shame.

Ironically, it says "Best Support" in the logo..

I guess all his resources here should be deleted by the team, as he didn't do it himselve. Or at least there should be a notice.
It is up to the author (Miner in this case) to remove them. Staff shouldn't responsible (and aren't) for removing dead add-ons or skins like this.

It is up to the author (Miner in this case) to remove them. Staff shouldn't responsible (and aren't) for removing dead add-ons or skins like this.

In my opinion, the staff of a website must look out for their users. As Miner didn't do this himself, the staff should place at least a moderated message.

One positive way to look at it is that there are still plenty of stylers like Pixelexit, xenique, audentio (i think) Razorthemes sultan themes and many more independent stylers so all is not lost. *motivates thread* :D

I haven't noticed custom work being slow at all... I've only just recently gotten a break from client work and that's only because my computer died and I have to build a new system.

I haven't noticed custom work being slow at all... I've only just recently gotten a break from client work and that's only because my computer died and I have to build a new system.

That is what I thought. I've been getting tons of pcs and e-mails for custom work (which I don't take on btw) so there is a definite increase on xenforo for people looking for styles and design work.

Sales are awful, but we will still stick around for the clients who have stuck with us.
Yep, the forum skin market is a shadow of what it once was (and contrary to popular belief, the XF market is miniscule compared to vB and IPB and will probably be that way for some time still). Custom work may be okay for some, but even that is a "nickle and dime you to death" endeavor in the forum styling world.

Hate to see Miner go, but stuff happens and design houses come and go all the time. Best of luck to him!

I must be one of the few that own 10+ theme licenses and don't have any up and running. hahaha.

At least those that are supporting xF are getting something from me.

Top Bottom