Resource icon

Minecraft UUID/Name Change Handler 0.1.0

No permission to download
KoolKrafter updated Minecraft UUID/Name Change Handler with a new update entry:

Multiple changes - largely untested

Changes in this release:
  • Users only have to click Update Username, not Change Username and then type their username.
  • When a user registers after changing their username, and someone else had their new username before and had also registered but not updated it on the site, the person who used to have the name will get renamed to their correct name and registration will proceed. This also happens on the validation in the form.
  • Updated some Mojang API stuff.
Please report...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Our forum members tend to change their in-game name and not update their forum name. This causes some confusion with who they actually are in-game.
So, I think that a task that manually update all, or all active, forum names is needed.

Could the task check who logged on or posted that day and check & update their username? Then have a monthly task that runs through every forum account.
Not really sure, we'll probably end up integrating our in-game logins to update their Xenforo account if it exists. But, the task would still be useful for full checks.

Our forum members tend to change their in-game name and not update their forum name. This causes some confusion with who they actually are in-game.
So, I think that a task that manually update all, or all active, forum names is needed.

Could the task check who logged on or posted that day and check & update their username? Then have a monthly task that runs through every forum account.
Not really sure, we'll probably end up integrating our in-game logins to update their Xenforo account if it exists. But, the task would still be useful for full checks.
Yeah, I could definitely add a task. I think the reason I did it before was that it couldn't really process 10k members in one run, it would have to do 100 at a time or whatever. I don't know if Mojang have spam protection but that could also be an issue. Maybe I'll check on user login instead?

It would be awesome if it just maybe checked a batch of 100 users every hour in the cycle then if it detects a name change it could automatically change the name accordingly.

Yeah, I could definitely add a task. I think the reason I did it before was that it couldn't really process 10k members in one run, it would have to do 100 at a time or whatever. I don't know if Mojang have spam protection but that could also be an issue. Maybe I'll check on user login instead?
I think having it check on user login could be too much, at least for larger boards? It would either have to check on login with a once a day limit or it could check at midnight and update anyone who logged on that day. Just would have to be something that would check active user's name, but not get banned from Mojang's API.

This site, http://wiki.vg/Mojang_API states that the limit is 600 requests per 10 minutes. Would probably want to stay at a smaller limit to save some requests for people force checking and signing up.

Getting this error when regenerating UUIDs
qakcDKb.png

Version 0.1.0

For the record, I think you can mark this resource as supporting XF versions 1.2 to 1.4. I just reinstalled it on my XF 1.4.5 installation without any issues.

I think some sort of cronjob to periodically cycle through all users over a long period of time would be fantastic, and it would make this resource twice as useful. Also, perhaps some sort of auto-generated list could be parsed that shows users whose usernames don't match up with a UUID (so that it can be fixed by hand using some sort of Minecraft account history tool, like this one) would be nice.

Also, another nice feature would be that if custom titles are not used, to have the resource override it and say "Previously [old username]".

Seem to be getting this error when i go to regen UUID's

Code:
Server Error

file_get_contents(https://api.mojang.com/profiles/minecraft): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 429 429

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_get_contents() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\mcUUID\Model\UUID.php at line 20
mcUUID_Model_UUID->_post() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\mcUUID\Model\UUID.php at line 39
mcUUID_Model_UUID->getUUIDsByNames() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\mcUUID\ControllerAdmin\Tools.php at line 33
mcUUID_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionUUIDsRegenerate() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\admin.php at line 13

It's a brand new Install of xenforo with only 1 user.

Also a feature suggestion, not sure if this plugin does it already while try get mine setup. Would it be possible to have an option to automatically change their usernames? You could have it check everytime they login or something along those lines.

Seem to be getting this error when i go to regen UUID's

Code:
Server Error

file_get_contents(https://api.mojang.com/profiles/minecraft): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 429 429

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_get_contents() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\mcUUID\Model\UUID.php at line 20
mcUUID_Model_UUID->_post() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\mcUUID\Model\UUID.php at line 39
mcUUID_Model_UUID->getUUIDsByNames() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\mcUUID\ControllerAdmin\Tools.php at line 33
mcUUID_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionUUIDsRegenerate() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\domains\MCBuffalo.com\htdocs\admin.php at line 13
It's a brand new Install of xenforo with only 1 user.
If I had to take a guess, Mojang changed something in their API again. I'm not sure on that, but I know it's happened before and broke other add-ons I use that are dependent on UUIDs. :confused:

Also a feature suggestion, not sure if this plugin does it already while try get mine setup. Would it be possible to have an option to automatically change their usernames? You could have it check everytime they login or something along those lines.
+1 one for this idea. Since their is a limit on the Mojang API, perhaps a scheduler could be done to automatically queue name changes as a cron job and prevent someone's forum installation from maxing out the Mojang API request limit.

If I had to take a guess, Mojang changed something in their API again. I'm not sure on that, but I know it's happened before and broke other add-ons I use that are dependent on UUIDs. :confused:

+1 one for this idea. Since their is a limit on the Mojang API, perhaps a scheduler could be done to automatically queue name changes as a cron job and prevent someone's forum installation from maxing out the Mojang API request limit.

When i go to: https://api.mojang.com/profiles/minecraft

I get:
{"error":"TooManyRequestsException","errorMessage":"The client has sent too many requests within a certain amount of time"}

I think one of my plugins has sent to many requests to the API and has caused me to be banned. I asked someone at mojang and they said it's temporary timeout but here i am 20 hours later and it still doesn't work =/.

I got it working for 5mins after turning off my server for an hour but now it's back again. Something on my forum / minecraft server is sending too many requests to mojang and i have no idea what it could be =/

I use a style on my forums and the change username option is not showing up, any CSS magic I can add to be able to see the change username option?

Top Bottom