Minecraft server support

DistortedDorian

Hello im new to Xenforo and im wondering if there is minecraf server support for registration. When someone register on my website he will get Member rank on my minecraft server.

Hello im new to Xenforo and im wondering if there is minecraf server support for registration. When someone register i want him to get member rank in game and if someone have admin rank for example he will be promoted to admin on my website. Is that possible?

You will need to write custom cron jobs, or write a bukkit plugin that contacts XenForo. There's a REST API available here.

Also, giving administrator to people is very dangerous. Only give them out unless you fully trust them.

You will need to write custom cron jobs, or write a bukkit plugin that contacts XenForo. There's a REST API available here.

Also, giving administrator to people is very dangerous. Only give them out unless you fully trust them.
Hello is there any tutorials how to fix that? Because im new with codding and if i cant get my website make everyone member on my Minecraft server which register on website then im not going to buy one.
And i used Administrator as a example.

Hello is there any tutorials how to fix that? Because im new with codding and if i cant get my website make everyone member on my Minecraft server which register on website then im not going to buy one.
And i used Administrator as a example.
You can do that, but you may need to hire a developer to help you with that.

Alternatively use Custom Fields and have everybody that registers fill out their Minecraft username.

When I re-read your post, I see you want the forum group to be set by ingame group, not ingame group from forum group.. This is not possible with any addons I know of. Sorry.

So basicly, a member on the forum will get access to the MC server, and if you are an admin on the forums, you get admin on the Server?

Thats exactly what the addon I linked does. It needs you to know some database stuff though, but it got examples for xenforo setup in their documentation.

So basicly, a member on the forum will get access to the MC server, and if you are an admin on the forums, you get admin on the Server?

Thats exactly what the addon I linked does. It needs you to know some database stuff though, but it got examples for xenforo setup in their documentation.
No i only want the website give Member rank on minecraft server if he register on my website

That is possible with said addon. Further questions regarding that addons is better asked of the plugin authors.
So you mean its completely impossible by adding a line: Minecraft Name: {name} and later when user confirm his registration the website will send a signal to my minecraft server console which will promote him to Member rank on my minecraft server?

So you mean its completely impossible by adding a line: Minecraft Name: {name} and later when user confirm his registration the website will send a signal to my minecraft server console which will promote him to Member rank on my minecraft server?
Of course this is possible, but it requires an add-on. As said before you need to hire a developer to help you with this.

Oddly enough, I've been doing some work for some form of Minecraft implementation. My work is incredibly hacky, though - involving surplus database tables and not using the de-facto software hooks. When I have time to work my way around the add-on system, I might do it that way.

You could easily have a custom profile field for the user to complete, but that doesn't actually confirm that "member X" owns "Minecraft Account Y".

In an ideal world, Minecraft/Mojang would have an OAuth, OpenID or some sort of authentication gateway or API to verify/link a Minecraft account without asking the user for their password - asking a user for this information is something you should never do. Instead, I have a system where the user "pings" off the Minecraft server to get a 6-digit code - back on the website, the user can enter this code to "verify" they own that Minecraft account.

As for actual white-listing, that's specified by the guys responsible for the Minecraft server once a user has "linked" their forum and MC accounts.

I actually have a simple XF Callback script available for anyone who wants to validate Minecraft username input (contact me if you want this - this is Pre-Sales and not Licensed Customer Resources, after all).

Top Bottom