Minecraft Gaming Questions

and what one is for use with the xBox One game console? I'm going to "assume" PC since the console is basically a PC system.
I've been toying with getting a small server to do this on just for S&G.

@wickedstangs I actually run a medium sized Minecraft host, if you're interested just start a conversation. Perhaps I can give you an offer w/ support.

1. What is needed for his friends to log in?
They need a premium Minecraft account if you are hosting an online mode server. So they need a valid Minecraft account purchased for. You can set your server to offline mode and they will not require accounts, however you will find offline mode is less supported.

2. Do they have to have the software on there computer?
They need to have the game. It is an executable, it's not installed exactly, it's just ran.

3. On the server is it easy to install add on?
Plugins can be installed through the FTP. Configuring them is not so easy, however.

4. Can they log into the game with android and apple tablets?
On a Minecraft Pocket Edition server they can (MCPE). If you're hosting a PC server, only PC clients can join. If you're hosting a mobile game server, only mobile clients can join.

5. Can any recommend a hosting site? US
We do US hosting centrally in Dallas with excellent routes throughout America and Europe, as well as parts of Asia. Send me a message for quotes or questions.

and what one is for use with the xBox One game console? I'm going to "assume" PC since the console is basically a PC system.
I've been toying with getting a small server to do this on just for S&G.

You can't host a server to serve Xbox or Playstation users. Those players have to use multiplayer through Playstation Network or Xbox Live. The PC version is all Java (except Windows 10 version) and I know the Xbox versions aren't written in Java.

You can only use Bukkit/Craftbukkit/Spigot with the Java version of Minecraft on PC's. The PocketMine server solution is for Pocket Edition versions (tables, iPads, and the like, although I don't know it is platform independent). The Windows 10 version of Minecraft can connect to players worlds that are using the Pocket Edition.

Last edited:
I recommend Spigot as it is optimized for performance, and I'm currently hosting with MCPROHosting. Their support has been excellent and their plans reasonable. Good luck!

Top Bottom