1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migration from vbulletin 3.7.0.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Irfan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Irfan

Irfan Member

Dear team ! I am interested in your software. We have a very large forum www.urdupages.com (attachments make the database very large). The forum is running the vbulletin software 3.7.0. Here are my questions.

1) I need a professional service for migration. How much I will pay to you all together ?
    2) How long will it take to complete the migration? (estimate time).
    3) Our server has an old version of MySQL . Do I need to update it prior to order your service?

Thank you.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is a built in importer for VB 3.7.
    See what is imported here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/
    Most people feel comfortable doing it themselves but should you wish to hire someone, it would have to be a third party as we don't provide an import service.

The time taken to import will depend on the server specification and configuration and the amount of content.
    I would suspect several hours at least.

XF requires MySQL 5.0+.
  3. Irfan

Irfan Member

Can a non technical person do the import or is it too technical?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

In that case (if you aren't sure to do the migration yourself) you can check my signature for customer testimonials and start a conversation with me.