Migration from MyBB, steam log-in

RadioActive

Hey guys.
We're thinking of purchasing XenForo and using it instead of MyBB but there's a couple of things I am not sure about and my main problem is with steam log-in feature.
In MyBB we use a plugin for that, where people can register with one, two clicks. User profiles have the same avatars and nicknames as on steam and e-mails looks like this:
17aabbcd2b5d9cf40f0decb69eae06f7.png

My profile

Can we import these profiles? People's posts, threads, attachments etc? Will they be able to log in to their accounts after we move to XenForo?

I know there is a plugin for steam log-in on XenForo too, is there anyone who knows how it will work? Can someone test it? We do not want to buy something we are not sure about and our community is already big so this feature is very important for us.

Thanks.

There is a built in importer for MyBB 1.6/1.8.

If the profiles are stored in the standard tables/fields in the database then they will be imported.

What won't be imported is any non-standard content or data as the importer will only pull data from the default MyBB database.

You can contact the author of the Steam add-on directly for any questions you have regarding it, as we are not familiar with third party add-ons.

What you can do is create a sales ticket and explain that you do things slightly different (Steam login) and see if they would be willing to offer a refund in this case, if it doesn't work as it should. As the refund policy does hint that they may offer a refund in certain cases:

11. Refund Policy
We will maintain a reasonable policy regarding requests for refunds. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or to apply a partial refund. An administration charge may be applied where a refund is offered.

Now I wouldn't recommend doing this on a production board, run a test board and if it works out then you know it will work. If not, you can hopefully claim a refund.

Top Bottom