Migration, Conversion and Specialty Import Services - including Incremental Imports

(in contact privately with NobleMan about the above)

-------------------------------------------------------------

New imports supported:
  • Xoops CMS and Forum (XForum, NewBB, bXPress and cBB) to Xenforo imports.
  • vBulletin 5 User Galleries to Xenforo Media Gallery.

Review:
Hello,

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Ken for the excellent service, he did a migration for me from IPS to XenForo on a very old site.
He is very punctual and professional and has great communication skills, within hours of starting he was finished. I would highly recommend his services.(y)

Thanks again @MySiteGuy

Review:
Hello,

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Ken for the excellent service, he did a migration for me from IPS to XenForo on a very old site.
He is very punctual and professional and has great communication skills, within hours of starting he was finished. I would highly recommend his services.(y)

Thanks again @MySiteGuy

Thank you @NobleMan I appreciate it!

I just want to share what a great experience I had working with Ken at Driven2Serives.com. He just helped me complete a new XenForo install and migration from a very data forum. He was able to get more than I expect over for a half-million posts and thousands of users. The three things that stood out for me have been: excellent work- exceeded my expectations on what could be migrated, excellent communication - during the migration - he was always in touch with me, and timely follow up - I have paid he is was able to respond quickly to a couple of bugs that cropped up late.

You are more than welcome to check out the site, I have not implemented a new theme yet so it is still very raw with my look and style. I am very pleased with how quickly I was able to migrate from the old site and get up and running on the new platform after 16 years. You can see my site Paflyfish here - www.paflyfish.com

I'm happy to announce availability of Flarum to Xenforo imports.

The following items are covered:
User groups (permissions are set to XF defaults)
Users (passwords not supported, users must reset passwords)
User profiles
User ban
Admins & Moderators
Forums (nodes)
Threads & Posts
Polls
Reactions and Likes
HTML is converted to BBCodes, where applicable. Youtube links are converted to embedded Xenforo media BBCodes.
Conversations*

*The database I had to work with did not have any conversations to test against. I have a basic framework for importing them, and will support this with the next Flarum forum if it has them.

Over the past few months we worked with a "big board" that had a very large number (1.5 million) of images to import from vBulletin 5's user profile galleries.

I improved Driven 2's vB5 user gallery to XF Media Gallery importer with this in mind. The import time for this many images was dropped an order of magnitude, from days to about 8 hours (Xenforo's thumbnail image rebuilder took a couple of days complete). It would have been about half that time if it had a local drive instead of a network drive.

It also now supports incremental imports!

So if you have a vB5 forum and the user profile galleries have held you back from considering the switch to Xenforo, we have your solution!

I want to report my experience.
I contacted him, to solve some problems, with the database on my site.

She made me wait a few days, so much so that I thought she was no longer interested. But then she finished the job brilliantly.

I was amazed by the fact that: in addition to being a great professional, he is also a very very honest person, where nowadays I am very little to have this quality.

I asked him for a quote, and I agreed with the price, but at the end of the job, he made me pay less, because the work done was less. He could also take the agreed money, but he was honest in lowering the price at the end of the job.

Thank you so much @MySiteGuy ,
I really appreciate that and I am glad that you are an honest person.

My experience with Ken has been nothing but stelar. I have a rather big board with 30M+ posts and I needed to upgrade to the latest version of Xenforo as well as fix some other issues. He did that and so much more under the price that was quoted. Ken was very professional, honest and upfront about everything. I highly recommend him & I won't hesitate to contact him for any of my forum needs in the future.

Many thanks Ken!

My experience with Ken has been nothing but stelar. I have a rather big board with 30M+ posts and I needed to upgrade to the latest version of Xenforo as well as fix some other issues. He did that and so much more under the price that was quoted. Ken was very professional, honest and upfront about everything. I highly recommend him & I won't hesitate to contact him for any of my forum needs in the future.

Many thanks Ken!

Thank you, it was a fun project!

( Most people probably don't consider this type of thing to be "fun" but I'm a data conversion nerd. :-) )

Interesting. I am not currently planning to change from Xenporta but good to know there's options.

The use case for the import I did to Showcase was interesting:

XenPorta handles a front page brilliantly, as well as being able to display threads in a good article format. Showcase and AMS both display in a great way with their category tree, ratings, reviews, etc. Combined... they are even better.

So I imported existing items from XenPorta to Showcase to sync them. Afterwards, any newly created Showcase item (or AMS) when the admin is done creating it, they promote it's thread to an article and it shows up on XenPorta's front page.

Next will be UBS and Resource Manager versions of this import.

Ken aka @MySiteGuy did a wonderful job converting my punbb forum to Xenforo.
The work he did was top notch and one of the first cloud conversions that I am aware he has done.

I had a lot of embedded twitter feeds and even though it was not part of our agreement he went back and converted them for me.

Great guy, great company, great job!!

tony the tiger swerk GIF

Ken aka @MySiteGuy did a wonderful job converting my punbb forum to Xenforo.
The work he did was top notch and one of the first cloud conversions that I am aware he has done.

I had a lot of embedded twitter feeds and even though it was not part of our agreement he went back and converted them for me.

Great guy, great company, great job!!

tony the tiger swerk GIF
Wow, thank you for your very kind words! I appreciate it, and it made my week!

It was an excellent learning experience doing a handoff of data to Xenforo, and we got over a hurdle the "first time" situation presented. I'd like to extend my thanks to @Chris D for his help during the process, especially since I misunderstood something he noted early on about the destination cloud forum.

Top Bottom