Migrating vbulletin 4.0 + vbulletin blog to XF ?

woofster

Yes, I asked this about two months ago.

Any heartbeat on being able to port our vb blog to XF ?

We see the main forum will port fine.

TIA!

Yes, I asked this about two months ago.

Any heartbeat on being able to port our vb blog to XF ?

We see the main forum will port fine.

TIA!

PaulM's importer will place the blogs within a forum on Xenforo, however as there is no official blog system yet there is no official support for the import of blogs.

If you find a blog system you like however, contact Robbo and he would probably be able to discuss a reasonable price for having them custom imported for you :)

Thanks!

I think the best for us to give the XF team another few months, and see where blogging stands. We have a couple of choices:

- Move forum to XF, move blog to something else
- Give XF time to mature, see where we stand

>> I'd say there is only a 20% chance of a blog by xenforo in 2012.

Totally understood.

A clean, easy migration is our #1. We will stay where we are until we see a clear path forward.

Importing my vb4 blog to LN blogs was a nightmare. It wasn't even really an import. I just reposted everyone's blogs and comments one by one because the importer failed.

Good luck.

Importing my vb4 blog to LN blogs was a nightmare. It wasn't even really an import. I just reposted everyone's blogs and comments one by one because the importer failed.

Good luck.

Thanks for the note!

I really want to use LN Blog, but I fear it is too nichy a product to dive into. We feel kind of burned by the vB blog, which is so lacking, and which has seemingly been abandoned by vB.

I am currently evaluating:

- Move vB blog to a "big" blogging platform (wordpress or whatever) and forums to xF
- Leave blog on vB, move forum to xF
- Wait a year for xF to have native blog feature, or a really visibly robust blog third party

Open to all suggestions!

We converted our vB4 blogs to the [LN] Blogs, and used Onimua's import script. It worked absolutely flawlessly and was well worth it.

If the only thing stopping you from converting now is the blogs, I would suggest checking the blog solution by Onimu. It even comes with a module for the XenPorta frontpage.

If you want to see a live example of it, www.entropiaplanets.com is running the blogs imported in this way. If you need any assistance with converting, shoot me a PC :) I'd be happy to help.

We converted our vB4 blogs to the [LN] Blogs, and used Onimua's import script. It worked absolutely flawlessly and was well worth it.

If the only thing stopping you from converting now is the blogs, I would suggest checking the blog solution by Onimu. It even comes with a module for the XenPorta frontpage.

If you want to see a live example of it, www.entropiaplanets.com is running the blogs imported in this way. If you need any assistance with converting, shoot me a PC :) I'd be happy to help.

Thanks!

Nice site!

Great to hear that there is a path. Yes, the blog thing is blocking. I like Onimua's blog app, but I have been so burned with vB blog (and in general) that I really only want to use a very "middle of the road" solution that is actively developed. I fear going from one niche / small footprint blog system to another niche / small footprint blog system.

Top Bottom