1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating subscriptions from vB 3.8

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by caliman, Apr 25, 2012.

1. caliman

caliman Active Member

Hello all -

I noted a subscription importer is not in the resource manager:

3 questions:
    1) Has anyone used the importer above for 3.8?
    1a) Can I use it after already migrating the rest of my site?
    2) Is there another way to import subscriptions? I am trying to get my head around this issue.

Thanks in advance...

2. Floris

Floris Guest

I'd say, backup what you have already imported in your test setup, and give it a go. If it goes ok, you have a new backup you can revert to, and otherwise revert to the backup prior to the subscription import.

Seeing how vBulletin's version 4 is basically vBulletin 3.8 with a skin on top, I doubt you will have many problems using the vb4subscription import script. I had no problems with it on a very basic and small vB3.7 installation.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. Floris

Floris Guest

I honestly don't remember if we made any changes while we were using it. Subscriptions were a rare request. Most people had a couple of subscriptions on average with an average of 25 people. They were easy to do manually if a script didn't work.
  5. caliman

caliman Active Member

Thanks for details.
    I fall in the secondary group category with subscriptions.
    Effort to fix that issue on the vb4 importer appears to have fallen off in February. Drat.