XF 1.4 Migrating MyBB 1.8.4. to XenForo 1.4.5.

RobaFresca

As i understood since starting my research the import-option let me quite easily convert MyBB to XenForo.
Regarding the groups and permissions i found just older posts and would like to know if in XenForo 1.4.5 will be groups, users, permissions and passwords correctly importet. That would save me a bunch of works...

Anyone experience with that yet ?

Tried to import from MyBB to XF 1.4.5. but i am stuck already in the beginning bcs my uploads folder from MyBB is not recognized. I was reading threads in the supportforum for hours, tried all possible combinations, but it seems it won't work without the absolute path on the hosts server infrastructure. And the host doesn't answer to my request... Totally frustrating losing a full working day just to fight with such a simple thing and i cannot understand why the importer works only with that absolute path... Any workarounds available ?

You can just enter the absolute path.

Navigate to admin.php?tools/phpinfo and that will give you the absolute path for your XF installation - look for DOCUMENT_ROOT.

From there you can work out the path for the myBB installation.

Another Question to my migration projekt.
I've imported yesterday the the current status of the MyBB database and did all the necessary ajustments (user rights a.s.o.) Looks great and works great. Love XF !
To go live i had the idea to delete now all forums an categories and just import the current status of the MyBB database again so that i have an actual status of posts.
Or would it be possible to import and overwrite (including post id's) ?
(I have installed the waindigo plugin and am able to chose what to import)

Yeah i did all the steps as mentioned in the guideline you postet.
Just wondered if i can't do a partial delete and partial import to save the work i've done...
Anyway...excellent support and help. XF was the right chose for me. THX again.

No problem, as my forum is quite new there were not that much new posts overnight so i decided to lose them and switch. Runs great, members are impressed and happy about the improvement... :)

There is one more i can't solve.
Got the problem that one of my admin accounts ot locked bcs of too many attempts to logon.
Ok, logged on with second admin....but....there is no option anywhere wether to unlock the accoun nor to set up these kind of lockouts.
All i found was a thread that said that was implemented in 1.2 and that i could found that in AdminCP > User Options > Login Limit Method
But unfortunately....there is nothing like that...

Ok was fine...

I still try to challenge you with a question you can't answer that fast....lol :D

In my forum i have several country categories with a whole tree below.
First one is ready designed and i would like to copy the whole tree below to the other categories.
Would save me hours or days of work.
Is that possible with any tool, addon, admin extension or whatever ?

It's not possible in the core.
There may be an add-on which does that but I wouldn't know for sure.
You will have to search through the resources.

Top Bottom