Migrating from vBulletin 4.0.6 and Photopost - Gallery/Media question

Lmccandless

I am hoping to migrate my community forum which also houses a large gallery to XenForo from VBulletin 4.0.6 and Photopost. I've used the demo and read through quite a bit of the resources here. There's one thing that I need to have to make this possible: can the media description that goes along with the upload contain html links and/or BB code? I have tried pasting in a link and also BB code but neither seems to be supported. Is there a Resource available for this? It's the only thing that's holding up my purchase! Thanks in advance for any help.

Unfortunately not. As with most content descriptions in XF they are designed to be a plain text, short snippet.

In XFMG, at least, you can increase the length of this description text to a very high limit but it can't contain any sort of formatting. An descriptions imported from VB will be cut to the length of the limit defined in the options and have any HTML or bb code stripped.

For new uploads into the gallery you could use the custom fields system to allow rich text input into a field for each media item. There is one pre installed named "caption" which allows rich text (bb code) to be entered.

Top Bottom