Migrating from not well-known forum to xenforo

octabrain

Hi there,

we are planning to upgrade our forum software. Our old forum is using a software called ilch, for which there is obviously no premade importer to get our data from there into xenforo.
So we, or in that case I, would have to write our own script to do that.

And while I know a bit about PHP and SQL, I have no experience in migrating forums.
Are there any resources available on how to write an importer for that from scratch? What pitfalls there might be, what to consider and all that?

That might not really be a xenforo-specific question, but since we're looking at buying xenforo, I might as well ask here.

Hi there,

we are planning to upgrade our forum software. Our old forum is using a software called ilch, for which there is obviously no premade importer to get our data from there into xenforo.
So we, or in that case I, would have to write our own script to do that.

And while I know a bit about PHP and SQL, I have no experience in migrating forums.
Are there any resources available on how to write an importer for that from scratch? What pitfalls there might be, what to consider and all that?

That might not really be a xenforo-specific question, but since we're looking at buying xenforo, I might as well ask here.

I can do it professionally pm me your contact details.

Top Bottom