Migrating from Cpannel to Plesk

Why in the world would you ever move from cPanel to Plesk? Plesk is utter garbage compared to cPanel. I've used both, and there's a reason why cPanel charges a licensing fee - it's that much better.

Fillip

I would argue the exact opposite. I despise WHM/Cpanel.

Why in the world would you ever move from cPanel to Plesk? Plesk is utter garbage compared to cPanel. I've used both, and there's a reason why cPanel charges a licensing fee - it's that much better.

Fillip
Everyone's in-tilted to different things and tbh Cpannel is just too simple, and Plesk is cheaper and better for what i need :)

Fillip

Plesk is awesome, super nice UI and features. cPanel is horrible.

Fillip
Take a look at Plesk now; it is infinitely better than it was in the past, and actually offers way more functionality out of the box than cPanel does.

It is also more forgiving than cPanel is for odder server configurations (cPanel is and has always been a pain for MSSQL, more so with PHP7).

Take a look at Plesk now; it is infinitely better than it was in the past, and actually offers way more functionality out of the box than cPanel does.

It is also more forgiving than cPanel is for odder server configurations (cPanel is and has always been a pain for MSSQL, more so with PHP7).
I have a VPS running what I presume is the latest version, and it’s still garbage.

The update UI is slow and ugly, and for some reason is an entirely different thing rather than just being integrated into the main UI.

If you manually add a database that isn’t tied to a “site” it doesn’t show up anywhere in the UI because why would you want to see programmatically added DBs anywhere, apparently.

The auto-renew SSL doesn’t work, last time I ignored the SSL expiry notifications because I had it set to auto renew, and I had to dig out the SSH connection info to reset the cert that way. Also, if you manually renew the cert in the UI, it still spams your email with notices the cert will expire soon.

If you let the SSL cert expire because of the above, it is entirely impossible to login. You don’t just see the browser’s “oh this cert expired, are you sure this is safe?” screen, the connection is refused. That is a garbage feature, I am not an idiot, I should be able to manually trust my own VPS.

The ONLY good thing about Plesk is that you don’t have a separate UI for server and site admin, you can access all sites from the same UI. Everything else about Plesk only makes me wish I could trust the content on that VPS enough to put on one of our cPanel servers.

Fillip

I don't think Plesk is bad like you said, I am using Plesk, Directadmin and cPanel on different servers for websites and I saw that each one has its advantages.
There are many comparisons and reviews for Plesk and cPanel here https://forumweb.hosting/13156-plesk-vs-cpanel-vs-directadmin.html

I will not compare both (Plesk and cPanel) here but for new users who has less experience on using hosting control panels then cPanel is a good one to go with because it is easy to use, and if you want your website load faster then should choose Plesk, it supports more caching solutions and I always see that my websites running on Plesk load faster than when running on cPanel.

How can i migrate from Cpannel to Plesk safely with xenforo without any issues?

As @Slavik answer, you just zip and download files, folder in public_html and mysql database and upload to Plesk. The final think to check is enter your domain name on the browser and see how it works on new hosting.

actualy Cpannel is more user friendly then plesk or any other i try it and dont like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom