Migrating a large forum to XenForo (test migration)

Interestingly I installed Igbinary and set PHP to use it as the session serializer, I then decided to use Igbinary as the serializer for APC expecting to see memory footprint reductions, but I didn't see that (well I believe I have got memory reductions looking at the graph but resident memory size of files hasn't changed according to apc.php. Speed wise it is very difficult to tell if there is speedup. One thing I did notice was that my fragmentation is now virtual non-existant as the following graphic shows (normally by this time it is fragmented to hell)
View attachment 20729
I notice that your Usercache is 0 as well. This looks interesting and maybe something that you can help set up for me once you let this run for a few days to see its effect.

My fragmentation hits 100% within 24 hours and in 2-3 days the cache full count starts to grown so if this help eliminate the needs to restart APC, it's a welcome thing.

I notice that your Usercache is 0 as well. This looks interesting and maybe something that you can help set up for me once you let this run for a few days to see its effect.

My fragmentation hits 100% within 24 hours and in 2-3 days the cache full count starts to grown so if this help eliminate the needs to restart APC, it's a welcome thing.
My usercache is zero as I switched from APC to libmemcached/memcached to store variables.

Changed my config.php to the following
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Libmemcached';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
'servers' => array(
'host' => 'localhost',
'port' => 11211, 'persistent' => true,
'weight' => 1, 'timeout' => 5,
'retry_interval' => 15,
'status' => true,
'failure_callback' => '' ));

So just after 2 weeks since migrating I rebuilt the sitemap and ended up with 235,945 threads, today Google has indexed 205,999. Give it a couple more days and I should be fully reindexed post my migration. The other thing I did today was put my forums behind a Varnish cache. Results looks very promising. Still need to put my .net domains behind Varnish.

So just after 2 weeks since migrating I rebuilt the sitemap and ended up with 235,945 threads, today Google has indexed 205,999. Give it a couple more days and I should be fully reindexed post my migration. The other thing I did today was put my forums behind a Varnish cache. Results looks very promising. Still need to put my .net domains behind Varnish.
Which addon you use for your sitemap, Deebs?

Top Bottom