Migrate From phpBB 3.2.1

I run a forum to help and advise people with life-threatening illnesses. I'm tired of phpBB's limitations and oddities and I wish to migrate to xenForo 2.0. However, to ensure member confidentiality 100%, I need to be absolutely certain that access can be easily restricted solely to registered logged-in members, and that no guests or robots can enter. I don't want member's private health information showing up in Google searches.

I'll be moving everything from phpBB 3.2.1 to xenForo 2.0 and I need reassurance that my members won't suffer as a result of migration. They have enough trouble in their lives already without me adding to it.

I also need to use a category which MUST be invisible to registered members. This contains a number of forums which deal only with cases of terminal illness, and access is controlled by assigning people to different special user groups. Can this replicated in XenForo 2.0?

Last edited:
Totally understandable concern.

XF does indeed have a permission that can prevent access to the entire forum unless you’re logged in.

You can of course do things like have a guest only forum or lock down only specific forums to members.

Top Bottom