******* - Metadata Essential [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivium

******* submitted a new resource:

******* - Metadata Essential - This addon allows to add a set of tags to the section of forums and threads.

INFORMATION:
Improves the definition and semantic quality of your forum by adding a set of <meta> tags to the <head> section.

FEATURES:
- Adds set of meta tags to <head> section of forums and threads:
+ meta description
+ meta keywords
+ meta author
+ meta copyright
+ meta robots
- Customize each <meta> tag for forums / threads with option:
+ using data inserted by users
+ using data get from content / user
+ using fixed data
- Disable any field by leaving it blank....

Read more about this resource...

Please allow thread tags to be the basis for keywords. (XenTag)
Please allow us to use variables. For example: [forumname], [forumdescription]. [tags], [populartags], [threadtitle], etc.

******* updated ******* - Metadata Essential with a new update entry:

12/08/2013: Version 1.1.0

12/08/2013: Version 1.1.0
- Added option to select which affected usergroups these permissions should be forced on to.

Read the rest of this update entry...

No, @******* what I mean is... Doesn't the search engines already index your forums and the content (titles and discussions) within the forums already just by themselves. I mean if someone creates a thread title that for example is called: "What Kind of FTP Software Do You Use?" and then the content in that thread talks all about the kinds of software used "I use CyberDuck" once the search engine bots index it, then if someone typed in "What is the best FTP software?" Wouldn't upon searching google for example potentially show a link to my forum based off of this example criteria?

So I am just not understanding, what would make having the meta for titles and keywords for the thread content needed as it is/was my understanding, and seeing Search Engine bots all the time in my threads, as to why having meta data entered would make a difference?

No, @******* what I mean is... Doesn't the search engines already index your forums and the content (titles and discussions) within the forums already just by themselves. I mean if someone creates a thread title that for example is called: "What Kind of FTP Software Do You Use?" and then the content in that thread talks all about the kinds of software used "I use CyberDuck" once the search engine bots index it, then if someone typed in "What is the best FTP software?" Wouldn't upon searching google for example potentially show a link to my forum based off of this example criteria?

So I am just not understanding, what would make having the meta for titles and keywords for the thread content needed as it is/was my understanding, and seeing Search Engine bots all the time in my threads, as to why having meta data entered would make a difference?

Please reply to this, because it will mean the difference if I go with this add on, or simply just use tags.

Reactions: DRE
@******* No, I think there may be some of a language barrier here. All I am wanting to know is, how is this add-on beneficial? Because my understanding is that Xenforo software is searched by robots already by thread titles and content and then indexed in search engines accordingly. So how would adding meta titles and descriptions help anyone more than what the forum software seems to already do?? What are the benefits of this add-on??

@MistyMeanor Hi, I understood your question, This addon will override default meta title and description and this data will be indexed by SE.

By default, meta description will get 155 first character of first message. Sometime you don't want that, and you want to override by other content -> This addon will help you

Hi @*******
I purchased this addon but I do not see in page source "Meta description" and "Meta keywords", i see only Meta name Copyright and Robots
Why?
Example this thread: http://www.macroforum.org/index.php...ia-insetti/il-papilio-machaon-di-sopra.21939/
I inserted meta description and keywords and in Admin panel i set User insert for threads.
Where is my mistake?
Please help :)
Antonio

Please give me a screenshot of admin option via conversation. I will detect issues for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom