1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******* - Metadata Essential [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Brivium, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brivium

Brivium Well-Known Member

******* submitted a new resource:

******* - Metadata Essential - This addon allows to add a set of tags to the section of forums and threads.

Read more about this resource...

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Can you select only certain user groups allowed to create meta to threads? Can the meta tags be edited later if you edit post?

TheBigK and Brivium like this.
  3. Brivium

That will be added soon. Thanks for your suggestion

TheBigK likes this.
  4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Please allow thread tags to be the basis for keywords. (XenTag)
    Please allow us to use variables. For example: [forumname], [forumdescription]. [tags], [populartags], [threadtitle], etc.

Crazy-Achmet and TheBigK like this.
  5. Wartazan

Wartazan Member

What're keywords ?

6. MistyMeanor

MistyMeanor Active Member

I have a question... isn't the thread titles and information within them already indexed by search engines?

DRE likes this.
  7. Brivium

Google will reupdate your informations soon

8. Brivium

9. MistyMeanor

No, @******* what I mean is... Doesn't the search engines already index your forums and the content (titles and discussions) within the forums already just by themselves. I mean if someone creates a thread title that for example is called: "What Kind of FTP Software Do You Use?" and then the content in that thread talks all about the kinds of software used "I use CyberDuck" once the search engine bots index it, then if someone typed in "What is the best FTP software?" Wouldn't upon searching google for example potentially show a link to my forum based off of this example criteria?

So I am just not understanding, what would make having the meta for titles and keywords for the thread content needed as it is/was my understanding, and seeing Search Engine bots all the time in my threads, as to why having meta data entered would make a difference?

audiokid and DRE like this.
  10. Rodrigo Farcas

Rodrigo Farcas Active Member

hi, with one license I can install on all my sites?

11. Brivium

You can buy professional license
    Metadata Essential <Professional>
    Licensed Domains: Unlimited
    Copyright Removal: Yes
    Duration: 1 year
    Price: 45.00 USD

12. MistyMeanor

Please reply to this, because it will mean the difference if I go with this add on, or simply just use tags.

DRE likes this.
  13. Brivium

In my mind, are you want to custom meta title ?

14. MistyMeanor

@******* No, I think there may be some of a language barrier here. All I am wanting to know is, how is this add-on beneficial? Because my understanding is that Xenforo software is searched by robots already by thread titles and content and then indexed in search engines accordingly. So how would adding meta titles and descriptions help anyone more than what the forum software seems to already do?? What are the benefits of this add-on??

audiokid, DRE and onelife69 like this.
  15. Brivium

@MistyMeanor Hi, I understood your question, This addon will override default meta title and description and this data will be indexed by SE.

By default, meta description will get 155 first character of first message. Sometime you don't want that, and you want to override by other content -> This addon will help you

16. macroforum

macroforum Active Member

17. Brivium

Please give me a screenshot of admin option via conversation. I will detect issues for you

18. Brivium

Are you fill value in following image
    http://*******.com/attachments/create_thread-png.225/

19. macroforum

macroforum Active Member

Yes, i filled values in screenshot :)
    Thanks

meta1.jpg meta2.jpg meta3.jpg

20. Brivium

What's xenforo version that you used ?