1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Message after clicking Like

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Robert F Schmitz, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

I have been clicking Like throughout the day but I did this time after the page sat open for a while and I finally got back to the post. Below is a screenshot of the message.

Did as it said and all went well.

Running Google Chrome 6.0.472.63

CurveGotti likes this.
  2. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

Looks like the cookie just timed out from the page being idle.
    Rob Fritz likes this.
  3. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Thanks. Figured that I would mention it.
    CurveGotti likes this.
  4. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

haha yeah it can't hurt, who knows I could be wrong and it could be a real issue.

Better to post 99 things that arnt an issue and 1 that is than to post none at all :)
    Rob Fritz likes this.
  5. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I had this yesterday when I looged in via one browser-window.
    then when going to the other browser-window (at which I was not yet logged-in) I clicked "Refresh Ctrl+F5" and then I also got this error.
    Rob Fritz likes this.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, this is intentional. Though you generally shouldn't hit it from inactivity, unless you get logged out. Or, as Erich mentioned, login with another tab. This is done to prevent a security issue that can allow people to force you into doing something unexpectedly (called CSRF).
    CurveGotti and erich37 like this.
  7. Decado

Decado Active Member

Perhaps it might be a good idea to make the message a little more specific so people don't get the wrong idea? "Security Error" might scare some people :p
    lazer likes this.