XF 1.5 Merging xf_user

Shamatix

Hello fellow Xenforo users,

My situation is that we have 2x Xenforo websites hosted different places, I would like to ask how I can mere the xf_User tabled easily, we spent hours yesterday without lick sadly:/ any suggestion om how this can be achieved?

You can't just merge those two tables - there are many dependencies with other tables and data.

You would need to either use the XF importer, which will also import other content such as user groups, or write your own.

You can't just merge those two tables - there are many dependencies with other tables and data.

You would need to either use the XF importer, which will also import other content such as user groups, or write your own.

My first "way to go" was trying to use the XF importer, but then I have a few other questions, so lets take this scenario, we have WEBSITE 1 and WEBSITE 2 hosted at to different hosting companies, both xenforo 1.5 forums. We want to move large parts of WEBSITE 2s data such as users and some forums over to WEBSITE 1, what I do now is login to WEBSITE 1 and go to "Import Data"and at "Select system to import from:" I choose Xenforo 1.2+, at the next step (Configure Importer: XenForo 1.2+) is where I get stuck tho, first of all this MYSQL information is the information of WEBSITE 2 correct? If so it leads to these 2-3 questions

MySQL Server:

Default is set to localhost, but as the 2 websites are hosted different places and website 2 isnt hosted at the same place as website 1 I guess localhost isnt what I am supposed to type in here, in that case what/where can I find that connection string?

MySQL User Name/MySQL Password/MySQL Database Name:
Is the username/password/Database name of WEBSITE 2s SQL database correct?

Data Directory / Internal Data Directory:
These are the filepaths to Data and Internal data on WEBSITE 1, correct?

Would love you forever if you could help me out answering these questions

Best regards

Typically both installations would need to be on the same server.
It is possible to do an import between two different servers, but it requires opening the server up.

It is possible to do an import between two different servers, but it requires opening the server up.
Any easy way to move the installation from one server to another then? Like take a backup of WEBSITE 2 and throw it over on the WEBSITE 1 server or smth?

Another thing I would like to mention is I have moved the entire SQL database of WEBSITE 2 over to WEBSITE 1 already

"copy the data and internal_data directories over (via FTP, rsync, etc.)."

So copy data and internal_data directories from WEBSITE 2 over to WEBSITE 1 through FTP? There will be no data loss on WEBSITE 1 then? Like we already have some users / threads / forums and what not on WEBSITE 1

In theroy to save space, do I need to copy EVERYTHING from WEBSITE 2 over to WEBSITE 1s server or is the SQL database along with Internal_data and data directories all I need from WEBSITE 2 in order to import stuff?

Last edited:
Copy them to a separate temp directory, as if it's a separate installation.

That is only required if you are going to import threads and attachments, otherwise you can just copy the data/avatars directories.

Perform the import, delete the temp database and directories.

Copy them to a separate temp directory, as if it's a separate installation.

That is only required if you are going to import threads and attachments, otherwise you can just copy the data/avatars directories.

Perform the import, delete the temp database and directories.

Finally moved entire xenforo installation from WEBSITE 2 over to WEBSITE 1s host and I tried again and now I get these errors:
  • The data directory could not be found.
  • The internal data directory could not be found.
Like I understand what they mean but unsure as of why it happends, I chosose the data and internal_data directories of the WEBSITE 2 and that path should be /twinkinfo.com/internal_data and /twinkinfo.com/data if not mistaken?

http://i.imgur.com/jlSHz6N.png

Public_html is where my main website is, the one we want to keep (WEBSITE 1)
twinkinfo.com is the folder for WEBSITE 2 (the one we want to move data from over to website 1)

The path you have entered is incorrect.

Navigate to /admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the absolute path of the installation.

Top Bottom