XF 1.3 Merging VB-imported private messages?

Ridemonkey

Since XF has no concept of an inbox and sent items, importing VB's private messages are a bit of a mess. Every received AND sent item is a separate conversation and appears in the inbox, so it's difficult to filter through.

I had hoped that rebuilding conversations would merge PMs with the same subject and participants, but that isn't the case.

Is there any way to rebuild VB's private messages into conversations? I realize there's no way for XF to actually know what's part of a conversation, but just a rudimentary Gmail-like system where it simply merges items with the same subject into the conversation thread would suffice.

Right, I guess I meant something pre-built. We're sinking a lot of time into this transition and I'm trying to use as many off-the-shelf parts as possible to cut down on the time. Figured I'm definitely not the only vBulletin convert so someone else had to have this problem.

We do notify our users that PMs will get deleted with the transfer and ask them to download important PMs to their hard disks (vb has a PM download feature).

Other wise all our users would have to delete a massive amount of messages after the transfer, because we limit the inbox size which would be heavily overloaded right after the transfer.

Top Bottom