1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Merged Users

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Amaury, May 1, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I merged two users today that were the same person playing a joke that had one post on Account A. Account A was merged into Account B that had no posts.

After merging, they had no content when I searched their content, so I fixed that by rebuilding the search index. However, under Recent Activity on their profile, after rebuilding the forum and thread information, all profile-related things they did on Account A before it was merged are not showing. For example, it shows they set a homepage, but their homepage isn't there.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Only the profile information of the target user is preserved in a merge.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The target user would be Account B in this case, correct?
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That's correct, you made Account B the target user. I'm surprised you did it this way, I'd always make the target user the older account (in this case, Account A).
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There was a person that made three accounts with three different e-mails as a joke, and they wanted to keep the one with the username they use pretty much everywhere else.
  6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Well you know for next time to merge into the oldest account and then change the username for them afterwards. :)
    Amaury likes this.